Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ranting

I love this forum for a quick rant. It gives me time to crystallise my ideas and even back them up with links for anyone who gives a shit. I’m generally too slow to get all my ideas together in an argument/discussion, and so I’m often ready to say something just when the conversation moves on, or when I’m brushing my teeth later on I think, ‘oh, yeah, why didn’t I think of that?’ which is rather frustrating to say the least. I’ve been saving up a few rants in a word doc on the home computer as I think of things, and pondering whether or not to start a blog and foist this stuff on the world (I really love the word ‘foist’ and i've just googled it, to find after all the dictionary definitions that a band - from Gippsland - already have this name... damn). Well, now it is done – actually my wife Katy read some of my newer articles this morning, including one about never being able to finish stuff – which of course, isn’t finished; there’s even a few articles that need more info to them, or don’t particularly go anywhere – and so she actually set this thing up, reckoning (probably correctly) that I’d probably take all year to actually ‘get around’ to setting it up. So that’s great. Everyone can thank her for your newfound amusement on the web. I don’t think I’m going to manage to do an entry every day – I don’t intend to even try. It’s more of a soapbox than a diary. Hopefully, I’ll be the next Happy Noodle Boy. Moo!

No comments: